Accounts Payable Administrator
The Eastern Irrigation District (EID), Brooks, Alberta, seeks a full time Accounts Payable Administrator to join our team.
The Accounts Payable Administrator provides timely and accurate processing and payment of accounts payables.
This position reports to the Accounting Supervisor and works alongside 4 other team members, supervisors from all departments and other departmental positions to provide back up and assistance, as required.
- Receive incoming invoices, match invoices with purchase orders, and distribute invoices to appropriate staff members for review, coding and staff-level approval.
- Review invoices to ensure correctness related to equipment rates, arithmetic and other details; review invoice coding and staff-level approvals to ensure approvals process is correct and complete Calculate and process distributions to libraries from the Carl Anderson Trust Fund.
- Ensure Workers’ Compensation (WCB) compliance for new and existing contractors, per Company policy.
- Enter approved invoices, balance each accounts payable batch and post each batch to the General Ledger; reconcile and balance accounts payable sub ledger to the General Ledger at each month end.
- Generate cheques, arrange for signing, match signed cheques with supplier invoices, and prepare cheques for mailing, pick-up, etc.; prepare Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) files, arrange for approval and send remittance advice as appropriate.
- Maintain accounts payable filing systems; set up and maintain computerized vendor master files and utilize software features to detect duplicate invoices, monitor due dates and streamline work flow.
- Reconcile supplier statements and resolve any issues that arise.
- Monitor outstanding cheques; follow up per Company policy.
- Conduct research and produce accounts payable-related reports as requested;
- Assist, as requested, with other accounting cycle functions including month end, yearend and audit.
- Perform additional administrative tasks on an as needed basis.
- Three to five years of broadly-based accounting related experience
- Post-secondary accounting diploma (2 year program) or certificate, preferred
- Strong analytical, reconciliation, research and problem solving skills
- Technical proficiency in the use and operation of computerized accounting systems
- Well-developed word processing (Word) and spreadsheet (Excel) skills
- Ability and willingness to work independently as well as productively and cooperatively in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce accurate results and meet deadlines
- Effective interpersonal communication skills
- Clean criminal records report
The EID offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package including a defined benefit pension plan, along with learning and development opportunities. Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for your interest in the EID; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Competition will be open until the position is filled.
550 Industrial Road West
Canada, T1R 1B2
Fax: (403) 362-6206