EID Scholarship Information
The 2018 Scholarship Program is now closed, and the following is provided as information only. For updated information regardeing 2019, please refer back to this page in the spring of 2019.
The Eastern Irrigation District Scholarship Program was established in 2008. To date $476,000 has been granted to 247 local recipients over the past 11 years.
Scholarships awarded to students in:
- post-secondary education at a university will be $2,000,
- post-secondary diploma or technical programs will be $2,000,
- a certified trade will be $1,000.
The District plans to give out one-time-only scholarships as follows:
- 10 of the scholarships will be given to students whose parents are 1st water users, or employees of the EID,
- 10 of the scholarships will be given to students who reside within the EID
All career fields are eligible. Applicants must:
- be entering their 3rd, 4th or 5th year of post-secondary education at a recognized North American university; or
- be entering their 2nd or 3rd year of diploma or certificate programs; or
- be entering their 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of a certified trade school.
- NOT have been a previous recipient (unsuccessful applicants are encouraged to reapply)
- NOT be applying under a Masters Program
- NOT be applying for a 2nd Trade, 2nd Diploma, 2nd Certificate or 2nd Degree
By submitting an application, selected recipients authorize the EID to use their name and photograph for publicity purposes.
For information on further requirements, or to obtain an application form, please click on the ad.