EID Scholarship Information
The Eastern Irrigation District Scholarship Program was established in 2008. To date $396,000 has been granted to 206 local recipients over the past 9 years.
Scholarships awarded to students in:
- post-secondary education at a university will be $2,000,
- post-secondary diploma or technical programs will be $2,000,
- a certified trade will be $1,000.
The District plans to give out one-time-only scholarships as follows:
- 10 of the scholarships will be given to students whose parents are 1st water users, or employees of the EID,
- 10 of the scholarships will be given to students who reside within the EID
All career fields are eligible. Applicants must:
- be entering their 3rd, 4th or 5th year of post-secondary education at a recognized North American university; or
- be entering their 2nd or 3rd year of diploma or certificate programs; or
- be entering their 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of a certified trade school.
- NOT have been a previous recipient (unsuccessful applicants are encouraged to reapply)
- NOT be applying under a Masters Program
- NOT be applying for a 2nd Trade, 2nd Diploma, 2nd Certificate or 2nd Degree
By submitting an application, selected recipients authorize the EID to use their name and photograph for publicity purposes.